The Regional Programs that fall under the umbrella of Seniors Care Network are focused on older adults whose complex health concerns (including frailty and dementia) threaten their independence and function. The following programs reflect the use of enhanced geriatric expertise, interprofessional teams, and organizational collaboration. Together, we are sharing this expertise and ways to deliver care that is responsive to the needs of our clients/patients and care partner, which ultimately provides the best health experience for older adults and their care partners.
Current Specialized Geriatric Services (SGS) and Programs include:
- Geriatric Assessment and Intervention Network (GAIN), providing comprehensive geriatric care for at-risk seniors
- Nurse Practitioners Supporting Teams Averting Transfers (NPSTAT), helping to support seniors in long-term care, and keeping them out of the hospital
- Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO), helping seniors with responsive behaviours, while improving quality of life
- Geriatric Emergency Management (GEM), supporting frail seniors in hospital Emergency Departments
- Senior Friendly Care Initiatives, improving the experience and outcomes of seniors when they are hospitalized by preventing their physical and mental decline.
- MINT Memory Clinics, help primary care providers care for their patients by completing specialized memory assessments and plans for care.