Title: Memory Clinic Manager
Status: Part-time (21 hours per week)
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Supervises: Primary Care Collaborative (MINT) Memory Service team, students, volunteers (as required)
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services, the Memory Clinic Manager will provide clinical supervision, leadership, and support to the ASDR Primary Care Collaborative (MINT) Memory Services team. The Memory Clinic Manager will also work closely with primary care physicians in memory clinics located in Durham Region and Scarborough.
Service Delivery Responsibilities:
- Ensure client care and services are delivered in accordance with ASDR’s vision and strategic goals and quality outcomes.
- Assists in triaging, scheduling, and client phone calls to support the inter-professional team
- As required, participates in inter-professional Primary Care Memory Assessment as a “Geriatric Assessor”, in consultation with the inter-professional team and primary care provider, including review of referral, identification of patient/family goals, and data gathering and recording within all domains of the assessment
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to the ASDR MINT Memory Clinic Team
- Lend knowledge and insight to program evaluation including transforming existing relationships, services, and roles.
- Implement and evaluate client care processes to ensure patient & family centered care
- Conduct regular staff performance evaluations and provide performance coaching and management.
- Facilitate team meetings and provide oversight in team planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with primary care physicians and clinic staff for the daily operations of memory clinic sites
- Develop and implement program policies, procedures, onboarding manuals and monitor staff compliance.
- Manage monthly and quarterly budgets, including approval of team expenses and program supplies
- Work collaboratively with administrative staff to develop monthly team clinic schedules
- Approve and maintain adequate staff coverage including requests for vacation, lieu time, absences, and leaves.
- Promote and ensure adherence to professional practices among each of the team members.
- Analyze and authorize staff professional development requests and implement ongoing team training
- Oversee, review, and analyze statistical reports for a variety of audiences including OH-E, Seniors Care Network and BSO
- Assist in the development and monitoring of quality improvement initiatives and team work plans
- Assist in the hiring practices and orientation/onboarding of new staff and/or students, volunteers
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Participate in agency related meetings, providing follow up action and involvement as designated, working collaboratively with colleagues in a positive team centered approach
- Participate in CE Region specialized geriatric meetings as required
- Represent ASDR on community committees as assigned
- Participation and involvement in key agency annual fundraising events as required
- Perform other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Master’s degree in a regulated healthcare field with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Alzheimer Disease and related dementia.
- Additional certification or training in health administration, public health, or business administration is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ current experience required with both clinical and managerial experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a health/social services role
- Experience working in a primary care/clinic environment preferred
- Experience leading and coaching a team with at least 5 direct reports (multi-site practice is an asset)
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience administering standardized assessments including cognitive screening tools (i.e. MMSE, MoCA)
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Certifications:
- Current registration and good standing with a recognized professional regulatory body/college.
- Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Understanding of current standards of practice in human resources, health administration, and employment in Ontario is considered an asset
- Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated leadership skills in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff, community partners and the public
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all team members
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, EMR databases, virtual platforms, and competency in information and communication technology
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in French and/or a language such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Tamil, Korean or other South Asian language is preferred
- Ability to work occasional evening/weekend hours
- Current Ontario driver’s license, access to a vehicle on a daily basis, and ability to travel within Durham Region and Scarborough is required.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to travel throughout Durham Region/Scarborough to provide support and supervise direct reports on a regular basis.
- No special physical demands are required beyond the performance of general office duties
- Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Memory Clinic
Manager ” in the subject title no later than November 1 at 4:00 p.m.
No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest in applying to the Alzheimer Society of Durham Region; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alzheimer Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Society requires that you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under human rights legislation.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Approved: October 2021