Community Health Centres of Northumberland
The Community Health Centres of Northumberland (CHCN) is a non-profit, community-governed organization committed to the wellness approach to health care that is delivered within an interdisciplinary team.
The CHCN GAIN Team conducts comprehensive assessments using an inter-disciplinary approach and subsequently works with the older adults and their families to develop and implement a coordinated care plan to assist clients to remain in their homes as long as possible. The NP, along with the allied health professionals on the team, collaborates with primary care providers and other services in the community to implement and support individualized care plans.
The CHCN GAIN Team requires the expertise of a Nurse Practitioner with strong assessment skills and experience working with the geriatric population. The Nurse Practitioner functions as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, providing in-clinic and outreach assessments, diagnosis, and treatment services to frail elderly adults, often living with co-morbid chronic conditions, living in environments with minimal support, and experiencing symptoms related to geriatric syndromes.
This is a full-time, permanent position; the starting salary is $110, 000 annually.
The CHCN operates Monday to Friday.
• Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario with Registration in the Extended Class
• Experience working with frail elderly adults
• Completion of courses in Geriatrics would be considered an asset
• Experience working in community settings
• Knowledge of the Social Determinants of Health and their effects on well -being
• Understanding of rural health needs and of issues experienced by disadvantaged groups
• Excellent analytical ability and clinical decision making skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical records
• Ability to work flexible hours, if required
• Ability to easily attend client home visits, off-site meetings, and conduct community engagement activities (valid Ontario’s driver’s license and the use of a vehicle highly recommended)
Please submit cover letter and resume, to email@example.com citing “Nurse Practitioner-GAIN”
Please note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Community Health Centres of Northumberland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. If you have any requirements for accommodation, please let us know.