Geriatric Education Initiative
In fiscal 2018/19, the Central East Local Health Integration Network (Central East LHIN) is providing funding to support the GEI tuition reimbursement grant program. Granted funds will be available to support continuing professional development aimed at improving geriatric/gerontological knowledge and skills.
Applicants may be eligible to receive up to a maximum of $1,500 in tuition reimbursement. Please note there is no guarantee that funding will be granted. Seniors Care Network will consider applications for courses completed from April 1, 2018 until March 31, 2019. Funding is intended to reimburse base tuition or registration fees. To be eligible to apply for the Central East GEI, an applicant must:
- Be a regulated health professional registered to practice in Ontario or a personal support worker who is working in a designated partner organization of Seniors Care Network. Individuals working in other programs may apply and may be considered for funding.
- Have completed a course/conference/workshop/seminar that provided training/education that fulfills learning outcomes consistent with the Competency Framework for Interprofessional Geriatric Assessment.
- Be employed in an agency located in the Central East LHIN
Priority will be given to regulated health professionals or personal support workers who are currently working in a designated partner organization of Seniors Care Network who:
- Are currently employed by or collaborating substantially with specialized geriatric service programs (e.g. BSO, GEM, GAIN, NPSTAT, geriatric mental health programs).
- Are applying for continuing professional development specific to specialized geriatric practice
- Completed courses, conferences, workshops or seminars that support learning outcomes consistent with the Competency Framework for Interprofessional Geriatric Assessment and offered in the Province of Ontario
Since 2015/16 the GEI fund has supported more than 300 individuals. The 2018/19 GEI is intended to be used to reimburse successful applicants for the tuition or registration fees paid for courses, conferences, workshops, or seminars. Books, course materials, salary replacement, student fees, membership fees, exam fees, travel, meals, or accommodation are not eligible for reimbursement. Funding will be allocated by March 31, 2019 to successful applicants.
Questions regarding the GEI can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 905-372-6811 x7798.
Download the Geriatric Education Initiative Application 2019